So I’m starting another round of data collection. After one week of ‘holiday’ (wasn’t COMPLETELY holiday – most parts of it involved work!!) in Zambia. My mind still lingers around good places and people in Zambia but physically I am at Lilongwe which means I need to resume my research business. Bad thing is I have not been feeling well since coming back from Zambia, thanks to all the travelling hassle which deprived me of valuable sleeping hours (you know how much I need sleep...). Ahhh.. work... crazy crazy again.. huge task.. very much overwhelmed... Today I visited one of the top people in pharmacy, who has contacts with almost everybody I have to see in Lilongwe. And got the location of each institution I’m going to visit right. Gosh I have to run all over Lilongwe! To me Lilongwe is just too big, after coming from Blantyre, which has most things concentrated at one small area where I could easily access any place by foot. Now I think I will have difficult time finding directions and planning my interview schedule as one interview location could be very far from the next one.. and I heard Lilongwe is much ‘rougher’ than Blantyre (people kept telling me that before I left Blantyre). I think perhaps I need to move out of where I currently stay because it’s just too far from wherever I need to go for the following 3-4 weeks. I need to take at least 2 minibuses to get to where most interview venues are. But moving (again) makes me feel tired.. I’ve been dragging my suitcase from one place to the other for two weeks arrgghh the task of packing, unpacking, lifting and moving.. just thinking of these makes me tiiiiiireeeeddd... but that’s the thing about intensive fieldwork – I have no room to stop and think – I need to get into action, Action, ACTION! Quickly! Otherwise I lose time and money runs out!
Ahh I am just sooo tired..
No comments:
Post a Comment