Saturday, August 14, 2010

Goodbye my love 12/08/10

I’m now sitting at Kamuzu International Airport departure lounge. I’m indeed exhausted. So tired because I had slept very little for two days. I dozed off standing while waiting in the queue for checking in luggage (ah if you know me you know I can do this..!). For two days it was frantic as I wanted to spend each and every minute with the wonderful people I have met. There was no time wasted on sleep..

On the way to the airport I again was greeted with a truck load of people, singing happily together despite having very limited space which probably made their seats very uncomfortable. I could see and hear them clearly from the front seat. I smiled and showed the ‘schup’ sign to them and of course they returned it with lots of schups.. God knows when I will have the next chance to see such lovely people again..

It’s indeed very difficult for me to leave. To leave you, and you, and you.. If only I didn’t make the choice to do a PhD, didn’t make the choice to jump into this project, didn’t make the choice to get to Malawi, didn’t make the choice to take the risk, didn’t make the choice to.. you know there were hundreds of choices I had gone through before I met you. We could miss each other very easily if only any of us made a choice not to keep to the appointment. There’re hundreds of ways if we want to connect to people; but there’re hundreds too if we don’t want to. I have chosen to want to connect with you and I thank you for choosing the same.

For all the people who have helped me, loved me, inspired me – I thank you for making this period of time one of the most wonderful time in my life. Even for those who gave trouble to me, annoyed me, discouraged me – I thank you for challenging me. This trip is just wonderful – too wonderful I have no words to put an end to it.. and indeed I don’t want to put an end to it. I had laughed and cried; had been smart (sometimes) and silly (most of the time..); had been puzzled and then started to understand.. had loved and hated.. had got angry, very angry, then calmed down.. had.. ohhh I just can’t put them in one sentence.. this is indeed a very short trip that is packed with too many ingredients in it.

Thank God. Thank you friends. Thank you enemies. Thank you everyone here in Malawi, and those who have helped me to come. I can’t be more grateful. This is just fantastic. But this is just so sad now to leave. I will come back again. Amitabha.

No comments:

Post a Comment