Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kind-hearted Cecilia (18/05/10)

Cecilia, the secretary of the department, is very concerned about my well-being. She found out that I wasn’t eating properly yesterday. So today she brought me two pots, one frying pan, one knife and one cooking spatula so that I could start cooking.. ohhh how nice! She also brought me two big water buckets because she said sometimes we would encounter sudden water cut for days so it’s better to just keep some water. She even arranged for the campus transport to help me to send all things to my house.

Not only that, she dragged me from Dina’s room (where I did the interview) at 1230pm to supermarket so that I could do some proper shopping. I was very thankful indeed! I wanted to pay her petrol but too bad I ran out of all cash after paying for the stupidly expensive grocery. I even had to borrow 50kc from her for lunch alas.. pooooor me...

And the best thing of all – she still fetched me around whilst her car battery had almost ‘kong’ (that’s the word I found them using as well in Malawi!) out! I helped her to jump start the car each time we got into the car – I was quite worried but she seemed to be so calm about that. Indeed she’s always so calm and steady that I really find so much charm in it. You know she would remember everybody’s schedule (even mine!) then she’ll remind you when you’re least aware of it that somebody actually keeps track on what you’re doing! This afternoon I went out of her room (I usually wait at her room for an interview with any lecturers and chat with her) just 10 minutes before an interview and there she goes: ‘DON’T FORGET YOU’RE MEETING MR XXX AT 3 O CLOCK!!!’

Hahaha such a lovely lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment