Sunday, May 30, 2010

Phone credits and internet (16/05/10)

To continue from this cost issue, I have yet to talk about the most expensive spending I had so far (SO FAR.. I hope there’s nothing crazier than this!! And I’m just in my FIRST day!!!).

A sim card in Malawi (for a reliable network) costs MK500 – without credit in it. Hmm that’s alright. Then you have to top up at a minimum unit of 100 (no idea why they use the unit system, as I don’t know how many minutes or text messages I can send for 100 units). Well I topped up 300 units and that cost me MK480 (MK160 for 100 units). And that was finished in less than 10 calls (each call no longer than 3 minutes) and less than 10 texts.

Internet is even more dodgy. I haven’t got to that point yet as the shop selling dongle is closed on Sundays. But according to friends one dongle shall costs me MK7500. Then you need to pay MK2500 per month for wi-fi subscription.

I’m not that surprised at expensive calls and internet. As I’ve expected that to be expensive in a country with less technology. But spending £1 for two apples is just unforgiveable!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment