At this minute – exactly two weeks ago, I was struggling with my luggage which was plastic wrapped and I tried to tear the plastic layer with just a fork from the kitchen. I still could feel the silence of the room that made me feel lost and uncomfortable the minute I arrived. Just me, my luggage and the four walls.. and lots of unknowns awaiting me. It must be a lie to say I did not feel scared.
And now, I have been here for two weeks. JUST two weeks - unbelievable.
So many things have happened in just 14 days. From knowing nobody to making friends, who could possibly last a lifetime. From fear to fondness. From feeling lonely to feeling contended. From no access to research data to overwhelmed with data. From a non-vege to almost a vegetarian. From ‘can’t start my day earlier than 9’ to ‘can we make it earlier than 8?’..
I must say Buddha has looked after me so well. It was His birthday yesterday and I didn’t even realise – though I did see Him on a poster while waiting for an interviewee to finish his phone calls. That’s perhaps a sign to remind me ah do not forget your guru – being in a place with no physical access to Him doesn’t mean you have the excuse to forget. I thank Buddha for the teaching to accept adventure with calmness, to live with whatever that comes along and to let go when things are passed.
Happy birthday, my dear friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment